I had a lot of people ask me this weekend if my class was crazy on Friday before Halloween. It really is an amazing feeling to say, “No, they were awesome!” We spent the entire morning doing regular instruction. We even did three graded assignments and not once did I have a student ask, “When is the party?” They knew we had stuff to get done and they did a great job doing it!
I hope you had a chance to watch the Pop See Co video we made as a class Friday. We had such a fun time going around to the different classes.
If you would like to do GoNoodle at home here is the link to our class. This is what we do everyday for a brain break. The kids love doing Go Noodles. If you were wondering what I was for Halloween, check out the Koo Koo Kangaroo guys. It’s pretty funny to do this with the kids.
I did a terrible job of taking pictures today. Can I blame that on daylight savings time? I’m going to! 🙂
- Writing: We worked on finishing up our Halloween writing from last week.
- Reading: We read our story, Who Works Here?
- Reading Small Groups: The students continued to work on initial blends. They also read a story and discussed the reason why the author wrote the story.
- Phonics: They wrote their spelling words in their spelling book and then read & colored long i words.
- Grammar: We worked on special titles such as Mrs., Mr., Dr., and officer.
We worked on fact families today. The students learned that a fact family is made up of 3 numbers. The 3 numbers make 2 addition sentences and 2 subtraction sentences. During small groups, the students made a fact family turkey.
We started learning about matter today during science. We watched a quick 3 minute video that taught the kids that everything has matter. They also glued this poem about matter into their science journal. After we read it, the students highlighted all the things in the poem that have matter.